Yes, I know it’s been weeks since I last posted. School started back up for me this week, and there has been so much to prepare for for teaching this year! I’ve been running around like crazy for the past few weeks, but I hope that things will settle down a bit as the new school year gets rolling.
I am excited to share a short recipe with you this week! The recipe below is for a creamy, tangy, fresh and dreamy orange buttercream! I piped it atop some simple vanilla cupcakes, but I imagine it would be incredible on chocolate cake or sugar cookies as well!
This tangy orange buttercream will give a fresh and unique flavor to whatever you decide to pair it with. Enjoy!
Fresh Orange Buttercream
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 oranges zested
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- Orange gel color optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and shortening.
- Mix in orange extract and orange zest.
- Slowly add powdered sugar to mixture, combining alternately with the fresh orange juice. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix in orange gel coloring if desired.