Did you know that September 12th is National Chocolate Milkshake Day? Neither did I, I only learned that from Googling around for recipe inspo a few weeks back 😂 So in honor of this special day, I made a simple chocolate shake and jazzed it up with fancy M&M shake glasses! You could also add crushed cookies or other small candies to your glasses for a unique flare on this classic ice cream treat.
My main tip for decorating the glasses is to let the melted chocolate cool slightly before dipping the tops of the glasses in. Once the glasses are rimmed in the chocolate, let them sit for a few minutes longer before topping with the layer of M&Ms. Then stick them in the freezer and allow the chocolate to harden before pouring in the chocolate shake.
Enjoy this simple and fun recipe!
Classic Chocolate Milkshake
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- Bag mini M&Ms
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Dip the tops of milkshake glasses into the melted chocolate. Let glasses rest for a few minutes. Roll tops in M&Ms or sprinkle M&Ms onto the chocolate. Place glasses in freezer to harden the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, add ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla to a blender and blend until mixed.
- Remove shake glasses from freezer and pour in chocolate shake. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!